Cisco Enhanced Unified Communications for IBM
About the product: Cisco UC Integration(TM) for IBM Sametime (Datasheet) provides instant access to Cisco UC capabilities directly from IBM Sametime. The integration enhances productivity by extending native audio and HD video capabilities to Sametime IM and presence users. It also includes Cisco phone control and presence status with integrated voicemail and conversation history. The integration allows access to Cisco call control for both standalone and Notes-embedded clients.
Watch on YouTube: uCollab- Collaboration Solutions for IBM Social and Cisco UC
Design tasks and goals: Designed product integration for desktop, web, and mobile design including UE mockups, icons, color palate, and marketing materials. Defined goals with seamless user experience for both companies:
- Tight integration of IBM Sametime chat client and Cisco UC services: Audio, Video, and Meetings.
- UE Direction -- Leverage Sametime menus and match its current look and feel; align with Cisco Jabber user experience.
- Visual Design -- Match Sometime UI and color scheme and align with Cisco design guidelines and iconography.
Initial ideas and discussions: The sketches below helped clarify thoughts for user stories -- how to handle the multiple calls in an in-call view. During the discussion, it brought more questions to discuss such as:
- How many incoming calls the product can handle simultaneously?
- When user is answering an incoming call, how to handle the existing call (to put on hold)?
- How does the UI should display for both the existing call and the incoming call, and would transparency work?